If you have friends or family in military, let them know they have your support by sending them a care package while they are at boot camp or deployed. Themed care packages are a great way to show you've put a little extra thought into thier gift, and they can be a lot of fun to make. Just decorate the box according to a chosen theme and fill it with related items. Below are five ideas to get you started:
- Happy Birthday! – Birthdays should still be celebrated, even if you can't spend the day together. Send a birthday gift with things like cake-in-a-jar, favorite snacks, party hats, and a fun birthday card.
- Stay Clean – Things like tissues, Q-tips, floss, lip balm, toothpaste, and nasal spray can help make deployment more bearable, so make sure your service member stays stocked up on essentials while deployed.
- Eat Well – Food choices are limited, so help break up the monotony by sending them their favorite treats. Popular items often include ramen noodles, cookies, chips, granola bars, dried fruit, and crackers. Even spices like seasoning salt, red pepper flakes, sea salt, and black pepper can help make their food a little tastier.
- Fun & Games – If there is any downtime, you want your service member to have something fun and relaxing to do. Fill this care package with fun things like books, crossword puzzles, travel board games, playing cards, and Frisbees.
- Happy Holidays – Spending the holidays away from home is tough, so send themed care packages for your service member’s favorite holidays. Include some seasonal treats and decorations to help them feel more festive away from home.
Don’t forget to add some personal touches, like photos or a handwritten note. When you’re ready to ship your care package, visit the Parcel Plus location nearest you! The friendly professionals will help you finish packing your care package and ship it off to your loved one. They’ll even compare UPS and FedEx shipping rates to help you find the best way to get it there!